Intelligent, thoughtful decision making and action taking for people in crisis.
People come to web sites like this because their relationship is in trouble. Usually something major has happened that has caused a marital wake-up call, and all of a sudden one person is searching all over the Internet for answers about what to do. I created this site for people like you.
When your marriage hangs in the balance – usually because one person has expressed extreme unhappiness or confusion, or a crime against the marriage has been committed, such as an affair or inappropriate relationship, it is absolutely crucial that you find good, reliable information and advice. Without it, couples often fend through the crisis themselves, making snap decisions or demands and taking actions that make a bigger mess than already has been made. In these cases the family almost always suffers greatly, and often permanently. I can’t tell you how many couples divorce or separate prematurely mainly because they don’t think they can stay in the marriage and don’t know what else to do. I understand all of this because of a marital crisis I went through in 1992 that ended in divorce. That experience was so profoundly shocking and life changing that it ignited an intense hunger and passion in me to find answers and learn everything I could about marriage troubles, such as:
- How marriages fall apart.
- How to manage fragile marriage crisis situations
- How to deal with the major issues that caused the crisis
- How to stabilize yourself and your family
- How to separate appropriately with a purpose and plan
- How to get you and your spouse on the same page
- Can all marriages be saved – and should they be saved?
- How and when to reconcile
- How to know when divorce is the best decision
- How to move forward in the healthiest way possible in the post-divorce weeks, months and years
After my own experience I became aware that therapists aren’t necessarily knowledgeable about how to manage a marriage crisis. In fact, most are not. As unbelievable as this is, I felt this created an urgent need for easy-to-find, accessible help for couples throughout the nation and world who are stuck and uncertain and fearful about how to move forward.
I have spent years helping thousands of couples through their marriage crisis situations. I am educated, experienced, and have been through marriage crisis myself. I know what works and what does not, and am absolutely certain that I give solid advice and counsel that you can count on. It is my hope, and the purpose of this web site, that you will find all the information that I needed and didn’t find in 1992. Think of this as a library of numerous resources for those in marital crisis all in one place – video, blogs, articles, important links, books, podcasts, advice, and webinars with me where we can talk about what’s going on in your lives and come up with wise solutions — all containing the information you will need and find helpful during and beyond your marital crisis.
Don’t miss helpful highlights on the site:
- Information for the person who wants to save the marriage
- Information for the person who is undecided or leaning toward leaving the marriage
- Understanding the stages in which a marriage becomes ill and deteriorates
- How to diagnose your marital illness
- Personal growth
- The children
- Available emergency advice and coaching
- How to separate: The Managed Separation
- The divorce decision
- Do I want to be single?
- The marriage felonies and what to do about them
- Discernment Counseling to help you get out of your “stuckness”
- Sign up for a webinar so you can learn and ask questions about marriage crisis from the Marriage Crisis Manager, Doctor Becky
In addition to the information you find here, please maximize your experience by joining our Marriage Crisis Manager Facebook page and Twitter so you won’t miss important links, articles, comments, inspiration and ideas posted there. Don’t miss our email-signup list so we may contact you about the latest happenings on our Marriage Crisis Manager web site in occasional newsletters.
For those that need individual help, I am available for advice and consultation via phone, email, FaceTime, Skype and text. All you have to do is to go to our Store to set up a time that is convenient for you. I look forward to receiving your comments and suggestions, and hearing your stories. Just know for now that you’ve come to the right place.
Watch for new information and services that will be popping up on the site such as support groups and bulletin boards and Google hangouts. Also, please feel free to send us an email and tell us what you’d like to see here on MarriageCrisisManager.com. We look forward to hearing from you.
Doctor Becky Whetstone
Little Rock, Arkansas
Latest Posts from the Blog